Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's all about perspective

What I need is a little Good Karma to come my way!

What I wouldn't give to just have an ACL tear these days, sounds like heaven to me! Since writing last I have had these nasty calf cramps, which I was told was normal. They felt like I had hopped a full marathon, on one leg without any Gatorade or salt. To make a long story short, I ended up in the ER. They found I had a blood clot in my leg and waited too long and a couple of pieces broke off and traveled up to my lung.

It's amazing how a life threatening event can change perspective. I thought the knee was serious business. Now I am on blood thinners, daily blood tests, bed rest and my ACL surgery has been delayed for 3-7 more months. The goal of returning to running hasn't really entered my mind, now I just want 10 minutes of no pain! Perspective.

Needless to say, I have gotten creative on how to pull together the upcoming Good Karma race. It is frustrating not be able to run around and do what needs to be done. It is coming together with the help of friends and family and lots of emailing! It begs the question, when is a good time for a race director to start to think about hiring a staff? At what point are you in a position to hire an assistant? I think I have to pull off this first race first!

Send some Good Karma my way, get some good karma for yourself, get a great workout, a fun t-shirt, a possibility of some prizes, free food, a timed event, free photos and help local nonprofits. What do you have to do to do all that you ask? Just sign up for Good Karma 5K run or 4K walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment